Philly Bacon Wrapped Chicken With Fried Green Beans
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 45mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dried chives
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups frozen French-cut green beans
- 5 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- Mix cream cheese, chives and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice a slit in the chicken breast and use your fingers to create a pocket. Fill chicken with 1/4 of your cream cheese mixture and secure closed with toothpicks.
- Wrap chicken in bacon (2 pieces each) and bake in oven for 45 min or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Green Beans (start prep when chicken has been cooking about 30min).
- Slice bacon into 1/2 inch strips.
- Pan fry bacon and onions until bacon is crispy.
- Turn frying pan to low and mix in green beans.
- Pan fry beans on low for 10 min or until cooked.
Join The Conversation
I agree with Syd about the prep time.....way off. Other than that I cut this down to two breasts and should have made one for the two of us. My chicken didn't really brown very well. I also cooked the bacon a little before wrapping around the chicken. My chicken turned out a little dry and a lot of the filling ran out, but it still was delicious. The green beans were very good with a little vinegar as diner added. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2011