Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Asparagus
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Line baking sheet with heavy-duty foil.
- Pound out of the chicken to approximately 1/2" thickness.
- Place chicken and pesto in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Cut asparagus to approx size of chicken roll (so that the asparagus will not peep out too much from the end).
- Place olive oil and Italian seasoning in a shallow pan or ziplock bag and toss asparagus until coated well.
- Place 3 asparagus spears and top with parmesan cheese.
- Roll chicken around asparagus and wrap each roll with a bacon strip (2 if necessary to get good coverage).
- Place, seam side down, in lined pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400ºF for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until bacon is crisped.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A SUCCESS!!! Since there was just hubby and I, we froze the other 2 for another dinner. I don't know yet how well the asparagus will do freezing, but if it works, next time, I'll probably double the recipe to freeze. Also rubbed the chicken on both sides. Used a homemade pesto as we had plenty of fresh basil from the garden. GREAT recipe, will definately make again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again