Recipe by The Spice Guru
My recipe for New England-inspired clam chowder in a hearty Alfredo cream base, is delicious and surprisingly easy to prepare.
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams, in juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon crumbled cooked bacon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme or 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (up to 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) jartraditional alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons snipped green onions
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- IN a 4-quart pot, add 1 medium bay leaf, 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice, 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth, and the strained juice from one (10 ounce) can baby clams (reserve clams and set aside).
- ADD 1-2 tablespoons pre-cooked crumbled bacon, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, and 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion; STIR.
- BRING mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- COVER and cook for 7 minutes, or until potatoes are firm-tender.
- UNCOVER and reduce heat to medium-low; ADD 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes, and 1 (15-16 ounce) jar traditional Alfredo sauce; BLEND well.
- STIR in the reserved clams, 2 tablespoons snipped green onions, and 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice.
- POUR 2 cups nonfat half and half in a medium bowl; WHISK in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour gradually until smooth; ADD mixture into pot while stirring constantly; STIR well.
- SIMMER uncovered, stirring as needed, about 20-25 minutes, or to desired consistency.
- REMOVE bay leaf.
- SERVE and enjoy!