Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend from church gave me this recipe. So perfect on a cold winter day! The original recipe calls for 8 oz. of cream cheese. To lighten things up, I always use fat free cream cheese. Still tastes great!
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes (chunks)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups ham (cubed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup skim milk
- salt and pepper
- In a large kettle, combine the potatoes, onion, frozen vegetables, ham, corn and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cream cheese and the milk.
- Stir until the cream cheese is melted.
- Heat throughly.
- Can serve immediately, or put soup in the crock pot on low for 3-5 hours.
Wonderful, thank you.