Recipe by gourmet_girl
Awesome creamed spinach recipe, better than Boston market.
Top Review by JessHinkson
LOVE this recipe. I added a touch more onion and garlic, and a little less Parmesan and I agree...it's better than BM. I also started with the butter, onion, and garlic in the same saucepan, added sauce ingredients, added spinach, and built the entire recipe in there...anything to avoid washing another pan!
- 73.94 ml butter, divided
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream
- 113.39 g cream cheese, low-fat okay
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 566.99 g pkgs. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- -In a 2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter 3 Tbls. butter; stir in flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; slowly whisk in cream; stir in cream cheese.
- -Increase heat to medium; whisk mixture constantly until thick and smooth; remove from heat and set aside.
- -In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook onions and garlic in remaining 2 Tbls. butter until transparent; stir spinach and water into pan.
- -Reduce heat to medium-low; cover; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes.
- -Stir spinach mixture into creamy mixture; return to medium heat; heat, stirring often, until warmed throughout.
- -Remove from heat; fold in Parmesan.