Creamed Spinach and Tortellini Casserole
photo by Katanashrp
- Ready In:
- 2 (9 ounce) packages fresh three cheese tortellini, prepared according to package directions,keep hot
- 3 (9 ounce) packages stouffer creamed spinach, defrosted according to package directions
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese or 6 ounces jalapeno jack cheese
- 24 ounces fresh sliced white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 twists fresh black pepper
- 10 -12 plum tomatoes, seed and chop 2 cups and reserve the remaining to top casserole
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large casserole dish.
- Combine pasta, creamed spinach, cheese, mushrooms, garlic and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Transfer mixture into prepared casserole.
- Top with reserved tomatoes, sliced and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is golden brown.
- (I like to brown slightly under the broiler).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My son and I loved this, and fought over the last few bites! Here are the changes I made, to accomodate our tastes, what I had on hand, and 2 mouths to feed: 1/2 of a 19 oz. pkg frozen cheese tortellini, 1 9oz. pkg. creamed spinach, 1 handful shredded mozzarella, NO mushrooms, 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic, several twists of pepper, 1 lg. regular tomato, parmesan cheese to cover casserole, a couple of shakes of red pepper flakes, AND about 1/2 cup chopped, cooked bacon (cause my son really likes it!). I used a round casserole dish (1 1/2 qt). This variation had a lot of flavor, and was a terrific one-dish meal...thanks for the idea!
This was flavorless and we didn't care for it at all. I didn't eat it, my husband gagged it down, our 2 year old didn't eat it, and we sadly threw out the entire tray to the trash. The only slight difference is I used a lower fat creamed spinach (Green Giant) rather than Stouffers. Maybe Stouffers was more flavorful. We won't make this again. Expensive to make with disappointing results.