1/1 Photo of Creamed Peas and Potatoes
I've had this recipe for years. The green from the peas and the red skins on the potatoes make a very attractive (and delicious) side dish. It is outstanding served with salmon and a wonderful addition to a meat loaf meal. And best of all -- it's quite easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in saucepan, cover with water and cook until tender.
- 2Cook peas according to package directions, adding the sugar.
- 3Melt the butter in a saucepan; add flour, salt and pepper to form a paste.
- 4Gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute -- stirring often. Add dill; cook until thickened and bubbly.
- 5Drain potatoes and peas and return to one saucepan. Pour sauce over; stir to combine.
- 6Serve immediately. Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill if desired.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Peas and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 334.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g