Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Gourmet Magazine October 1992, this is a really nice side dish served alongside pork. It reheats well too.
- 2 slices lean bacon, chopped fine
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise, sliced thin crosswise, and washed well (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- In a skillet cook the bacon until it is crisp and transfer it to paper towels to drain.
- In the fat remaining in the skillet cook the leek, covered, over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until it is softened, and stir in the tomato, the tarragon, the half-and-half, the broth, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the liquid to a boil,cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until it is thickened, and stir in the bacon.
Nice side dish. It does need some salt and pepper though. Made for Photo Tag game. :)