Prep 7 mins
Cook 12 mins
These eggs are grateful to the military eggs who served so that these eggs have the freedom to taste more delicious than you ever dreamed creamed eggs could be. ;)
- 6 -8 hardboiled egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 lb frozen spinach
- 0.5 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained (see Note first!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 dash sherry wine (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste (or more)
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Frank's red hot sauce (to taste)
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon crumbled bacon
- cayenne chili pepper flakes (optional) or paprika (to garnish) (optional)
- Note: The 12 oz in the 12 oz jar of artichokes includes the weight of the liquid. This means that 1/2 of the jar of artichokes is about 4 oz of actual, drained artichokes.
- Peel eggs. Quarter them lengthwise then divide each quarter crosswise so 1 egg = 8 chunks.
- Chop artichoke hearts.
- In a medium saucepan sauté the shallots in the butter over low-medium heat until softening but not fully cooked.
- Add spinach. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until just heated.
- Add artichokes, thyme, celery seed, 2 cups of milk, sherry, salt and pepper. Heat until just shy of simmering.
- Shake flour with remaining cup of milk. Add to pot and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Simmer a few moments to thicken the sauce and eliminate any raw taste from the flour.
- Gently stir in eggs and bacon. Heat briefly then serve in toast cups or over split, toasted, English muffins.