Prep 28 mins
Cook 35 mins
Taken from Grandma's Kitchen, posted for safekeeping.
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 frozen biscuits, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease the bottom and sides of an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Chop onion.
- Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high head until melted.
- Stir in onion.
- Saute until tender.
- Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk, and pimiento in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven.
- Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of the Cheddar.
- Arrange biscuits in a single layer over top; sprinkle with remaining Cheddar.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
People, I was once like you, sitting on the couch dreaming of a recipe worthy of leaving my comfort zone designed for a king. But then, like Christopher Columbus, I discovered a New World! That's right, a New Freakin' World! That World was none other than this Chicken 'n Biscuits recipe that is the Sea Biscuit of recipes. All jokes aside, every time I eat this meal sent by the gods, I get a little aroused, a foodgasm if you will. Enjoy peeps, may the chicken be with you....
Sooooo excited to find this online! I lost my copy of this recipe from the Grandma's collection. YAY! It's my hubby's favorite and surprising him with it tonight night for his birthday! ??
I haven't made this in awhile but thought is was really good. I used garlic cheese biscuits from Schwan's.