1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This recipe came from Epicurious, however, I have modified it to our liking. If you are in a hurry you can use canned chicken broth and I've even used pre-sliced baby Bellas (Criminis)but, the Portabellas do give it a great flavor. I've even used just plain white button mushrooms when portabellas weren't available. You can use any seasoning mix of your choice to roast the mushrooms - I use Tony Chachere seasoning mix. This is a wonderful creamy and hearty soup that will impress your family as well as your dinner guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs portabella mushrooms, stemmed, dark gills removed and diced into 3/4 inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup madeira wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 3Spread mushrooms on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- 4Sprinkle mushrooms with Tony Chacherie Seasoning or seasonings of your choice.
- 5Cover pan with a sheet of aluminum foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes.
- 7Coarsely chop mushrooms and set aside.
- 8In 5 quart dutch oven melt butter.
- 9Add chopped onions and minced garlic and saute about 15 minutes over medium heat until soft.
- 10Sprinkle flour over onion mixture and saute 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- 11Add wine, chicken broth and heavy cream and mix well.
- 12Add all remaining ingredients including reserved mushrooms and bring to a boil.
- 13Lower heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes until thickened.
- 14Remove bay leaf and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Roasted Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.3
- Calories from Fat 501
- Total Fat 55.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 1031.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 13.5 g