1 hr 5 mins
I found this out on the web and thought it might be interesting for St. Patty's Day! (Time does not include time to cook corned beef)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts broth, reserved corned beef cooking liquid
- 1/2 lb corned beef, cooked, shredded
- 1 large potato, diced medium
- 1 small onion, diced medium
- 1/4 head cabbage, diced medium
- 1 -2 carrot, diced medium
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ounces beer (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients to large pot.
- 2Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook until vegetables are tender.
- 3Mix cornstarch and water together to make a paste.
- 4Bring the Soup back to a boil, add the paste with a whisk, until the soup is thick.
- 5Now simmer, then add cream, butter, salt, pepper and beer.
- 6Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Corned Beef, Cabbage and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.4
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.3 mg
- Sodium 1718.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 9.2 g