Recipe by Cook4_6
I found this out on the web and thought it might be interesting for St. Patty's Day! (Time does not include time to cook corned beef)
- 2 quarts broth, reserved corned beef cooking liquid
- 1⁄2 lb corned beef, cooked, shredded
- 1 large potato, diced medium
- 1 small onion, diced medium
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, diced medium
- 1 -2 carrot, diced medium
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ounces beer (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients to large pot.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Mix cornstarch and water together to make a paste.
- Bring the Soup back to a boil, add the paste with a whisk, until the soup is thick.
- Now simmer, then add cream, butter, salt, pepper and beer.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.