Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Everyone that tries these absolutely loves them. They are quick fixes for cheese cake lovers.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla wafers (small)
- Mix first five ingredients, beat at high speed.
- Line tart pan with paper liners (small).
- Put vanilla wafers in liners bottom side down.
- Spoon 1 T batter onto wafer.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Let cool.
- Top with cherry pie filling or any fruit.
- Yields 3 dozen large tarts or 6 dozen small tarts. These can be frozen.
These taste so good to be so easy! It took a bit of doing to get them baked as I was quite confused about the size. I started with mini-muffin pans and liners but the vanilla wafers would not fit in them. I had some little amaretti cookies that did fit so they became my crust. With a scant 1 tablespoon of filling, they were filled to overflowing . Then I read step 7 -whoops! I'm guessing that for the minis, I should have used only 1 1/2 tsp. of filling. So I mixed up some more filling & used the vanilla wafers in standard cupcake liners. Everything fit. The bake time was perfect for both sizes, surprisingly. They rose and fell some upon cooling like a cheesecake. I topped some with cherry pie filling as suggested. The flavors were scrumptious together. Now that I've got the sizes and amounts figured out, ;-) I will make these often as a quick dessert or treat. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Made these late last night, I will be taking these to a meeting tonight. Of course I had to try one. Yummy. I like the idea of putting these in paper liners. I can't wait till the others tonight try these. Thanks for the great recipe CGM. I will be making again.
Color Guard Mom, these are so yummy ! I actually made these and took to a tailgate party. Once there I topped them with blueberry filling and they were gone in no time. These have already been requested again but in a larger quantity LOL. Wish I had a pic, but I had 18 people in my group and they were taking as I was topping ! These were made for PAC fall 2007.