Melted Chocolate and Brie Tarts
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Recipe is from Quality Milk's Pleasures of Cheese. The tarts can be made ahead but freezing is not recommended. For a change of taste you can use Camembert OR Cream Cheese Or Gouda instead of Brie.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 lb brie cheese, rind removed, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 3 ounces semisweet dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, add the melted butter, Graham cracker crumbs, hazelnuts and sugar. Stir until smooth.
- Use tart pans with removable bottoms OR large ramekins (4 1/4" in diameter).
- Press the mixture into 4 tart pans and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream in a saucepan over low heat until steam starts to form.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth. Chocolate must melt completely.
- Add the hazelnut liqueur and stir.
- Set aside, keep at room temperature.
- When the tart shells are ready, remove from them from the oven and immediately cover the bottom with the brie cheese slices, so that the cheese will melt.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the melted cheese and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before unmoulding.
- Cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To unmould, run a knife around the edge of the tart and detach the tarts.
- Sift some powdered cocoa over top before serving, if using.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION