Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are soooooo good!
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 118.29 ml cooked spinach, well drained
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- seasoning salt and pepper (or use cayenne)
- 2 large eggs (mixed with 2 teaspoon water)
- 354.88 ml dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 78.07 ml melted butter
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Flatten the chicken breast to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, spinach, garlic, nutmeg, seasoning salt and pepper (or cayenne pepper) until well combined.
- Mix the dry breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Mix together the melted butter with garlic powder; set aside.
- Spoon equal amounts of mixture across the narrow end of each breast.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip the stuffed breast into the egg, then roll into the dry breadcrumb mixture.
- Place into a buttered baking dish, seam-side down.
- Drizzle with butter/garlic mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
i too followed some of the advice from other people. I've added hot sauce to the spinach while it was sauteing and then used spicy bread crumbs on the outside. So good. Thanks for sharing
Really very flavorful - I used flavored cream cheese and some hot sauce (as recommended below). The dish was very deliciuos, though I couldn't help thinking it would have been far less messy to prepare (and easier) as a casserole.
I really made it my own. I added a package of Knorrs spring vegetable soup mix to the filling. For the bread crumbs I used half plain and half itilian. I pan seared in olive oil and butter with a couple onion slices and then baked in a casserole dish at °350 for 35 minutes. Very tender and flavorful.