Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We've been making this in our family forever. It comes from my "Aunt" Nancy who is actually a good, old friend of my mother. This is very addicting and people always rave. Great for superbowl parties. Takes no time at all to make.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces black olives, sliced
- Spread cream cheese evenly in the bottom of a casserole dish with a butter knife.
- Pour salsa over cream cheese.
- Sprinkle cheese over salsa.
- Layer olives over cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Yum, Yum, Yum, this dip is so easy and so good! Loved the combination of flavours! I made my own salsa choosing a medium heat level and thought that went really well with the olives and cheddar. Hot would also have been good, though. :)
I ate this with crackers, which was addictive, but I think it would also be good with crudites.
While I like all things cheesy, I only needed 1/2 the amount stated to make a generous topping.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Suzy_Q!
Made and reviewed on recommendation of Boomette June 2011.
As you see on my photo, I made it for 1 serving cause I only had 4 ounces of cream cheese. We were 2 eating it with pita chips. I used mild salsa but we'll try with spicy salsa another time. Since my cream cheese was cold, I spread it in my bowl and microwaved it for 40 seconds to spread it better and to make it softer. Thanks Suzy :) Made for PAC Spring 2010