Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the best and easiest dip EVER!! I take this dip to parties all the time. EASY EASY EASY...and it follows my simple rule of recipes...."Does it have cream cheese in it?" Yes....okay...this has to be a good recipe!! Haha! :)
- Cut blocks of cream cheese into cubes and put in small crock pot.
- Pour can of rotel (do not drain) over cream cheese.
- Set crock pot to low and heat through. Stir often, it will burn. Once the cream cheese is really soft stir well. I use a whisk or hand blender to get the ingredients to combine better. You don't want it to be lumpy.
- This dip will stay in the crockpot for just a couple of hours before it will start to burn and just turn gross. Make sure you turn the crockpot off after about 2 hours.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips! Enjoy! :).
This is good. There is a cold version as well which is great for travel to parties and makes a beautiful presentation. Let the cream cheese soften and mix well with the Rotel. Spread in a flat pan or container. Top with chopped Roma Or grape tomatoes, black olives and chopped lettuce or mixed greens and shredded cheese. Looks beautiful. And is soooooo good!
We always add browned pan sausage to this. You just cant eat enough.
We have been making this dip for over 50 years in our family. It is a staple item for all family gatherings and has always been known as "The Dip". We have added variations over the years like added sliced jalapenos and/or hot sauce to it. Frito Scoop chips are the best item to dip with.