Cook1 hr 40 mins
Rich, buttery pound cake. A family favorite. Easy to make and great frosted too.
Make and share this Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Beat butter and cream cheese for about two minutes.
- Gradually add sugar beating another five minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Beat just until yellow disappears.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add flour, mixing on LOW speed until blended.
- Grease and flour a 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 325F for 90 minutes or until center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes and then turn from pan.
This is without a doubt the best poundcake I have ever tasted. I made it and took it to work and everyone fell in love with it.
I made this cake into a wedding cake. Since then, it has been requested at every special occasion of everyone attending. They seem to have n idea it's just pound cake. So, while this cake certainly does not need any frosting or frills, adding a delicious cream cheese frosting, or draping it with layers or ganache, or filling it with fresh or preserved fruit, and decorating it beautifully, simply, and gracefully can make it truly something spectacular.
INCREDIBLE! I totally screwed up and still received rave reviews at the pot luck lunch I carried it to. I just got a new stove and somehow managed to turn it off when setting the timer so it sat there for 45 minutes just warming up. I restarted the oven with the cake in there and it cooked up beautifully. I just knew I was going to have to throw it away!