Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Bon Appetite Magazine oldie! Cook time is chill time.
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups creamy peanut butter, not natural
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped.
- For crust: Mix all ingredients in 9 inch round pie pan.
- Press mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of pan.
- Freeze while perparing peanut butter filling.
- For filling: Using electric mixture, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and melted butter in large bowl.
- Using clean, dry beaters, beat cream with remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until peaks form.
- Stir 1/4 of cream into peanut butter mixture, then fold in remaining cream (mixture will be thick).
- Spoon into prepared crust.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- For glaze: Bring cream to boil in a heavy small saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- Cool glaze slightly; pour over filling.
- Tilt pan, coating top completely.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
This is the best Peanut Butter pie I have had.. It was easy to make and great to eat.. I did use a store bought gramcracker crust though, it was great with it... Next time I think I would put about 1 tablespoon less of peanut butter...alittle to strong for me...