Some friends and I were swapping hot dog recipes tonight. Some one brought this one to share and oh my was I shocked. At first I was like cream cheese on hot dogs? As they say, "don't knock it til you have tried it!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill or grill pan for medium-high heat.
- 2Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions, and cook slowly until the onions have softened and turned deep brown, about 15 minutes. Warm the cream cheese over low heat in a small skillet until very soft.
- 3Grill hot dogs until well browned. Lightly grill hot dog buns on both sides.
- 4To assemble cheese dogs, spread warm cream cheese on toasted hot dog bun, add hot dog or sausage, top with onions, mustard and sauerkraut, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Hot Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.6
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 885.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g