Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so good. Give it a try when you have overnight guests.
- 8 slices bread, challa is best
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup marmalade or 1⁄3 cup jam, of choice
- Put all the ingredients, except the bread, in food processor, and process just until smooth.
- Butter a 8" square baking dish (or spray with Pam).
- Pour a little bit of the batter in the bottom of the pan and put 4 bread slices over batter.
- Pour about half the batter over the bread.
- Then 4 more bread slices and the rest of the batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350ºF for about 45 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup.
- NOTE: Pour the batter at least 1 hour before baking, and as long as overnight, and refrigerate.
- You may stuff the bread with extra chunks of cream cheese, or fruit, like apples or banana slices.
Miss Annie, my DH and I really loved your french toast! I put it in the fridge overnight and it turned out wonderful. I used red rasberry preserves and milk. Scrumptious! Thanks!
Fantabulous! Used blackberry jam and whole milk, and made it the night before. Nice crisp crust on the top, and tender underneath. Not too soggy, not too eggy. It was awesome. We had it with maple syrup over the top. Mmmmmm. Thank you!