Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe given to me by friends in Tripoli, Libya. Perfect for a drinks party spread onto crackers or bruschetta and great as a BBQ appetizer with crudites. Vary the amount of chilies for heat and do not be tempted to use lower fat cream cheese as it will not work.
- 2 -3 hot green chili peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 2 fat garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 400 g around 14oz cream cheese
- 1 large bunch fresh coriander or 1 large cilantro, discarding the thick stalks
- 3 -6 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- In a food processor, add the chillies, garlic and half the coriander. Pulse until very finely chopped.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar and salt. Process for a few seconds.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of the yoghurt and the remaining coriander.
- Process for about 30 seconds more, or until well combined.
- Remove from the processor into a bowl, add more yoghurt, if required, stir well to achieve a consistency you like.
- Serve on crackers or with crudites (vegetable sticks).