1/1 Photo of Cream Cheese Brownies
These brownies offer a small taste of heaven. You have to follow the directions, otherwise they won't be so heavenly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Cream cheese layer
- 113.39 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml flour
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2Lightly grease a square 8X8-inch pan.
- 3To make the cream cheese layer, put the cream cheese in a mixer bowl and mix with the paddle attachment until it's smooth.
- 4Add the rest of the cream cheese layer ingredients, beating well and scraping down and of the batter that dares try to escape up the sides of the bowl.
- 5To make the brownie layer, melt the butter and the chocolate together until smoothly melted.
- 6Put aside and let come to room temperature.
- 7Be patient, it's worth it.
- 8In a separate bowl from the cream cheese mixture, mix the eggs and the sugar until it's thick and a gorgeous lemon color.
- 9Add the chocolate mixture and mix well until combined.
- 10Again, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 11Add the flour, vanilla, baking powder, salt and the chocolate chips, mix well until combined.
- 12Pour half the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan.
- 13Dollop the cream cheese mixture over that.
- 14Don't worry if it doesn't cover the chocolate. It won't.
- 15Add the remaining chocolate mixture.
- 16Take a knife and gently draw it through the batters, from left to right and from top to bottom, making a checkerboard pattern.
- 17Don't allow the mixtures to combine, be careful.
- 18Sprinkle with the nuts.
- 19Bake in the oven until the sides, but not the tops, begin to brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- 20Don't wait until a tester comes out clean, if you do then you have overbaked and basically murdered the brownies.
- 21Set aside to cool for about 10 minutes, cut into 12 or 16 brownies, cover and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (854 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.1
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.9 mg
- Sodium 111.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g