Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is called crazy dip because Mike is just crazy about it. It is not diet friendly or calorie conscious. It is meant to be sinfully delicious.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons minced onions
- 4 green onions, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup chunky salsa (any brand, flavor or heat, I like mild)
- 1 cup cashews, crushed fine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, salted and hulled
- 2 bell peppers, chopped fine (one red and one green)
- Put everything in the food processor, except the nuts and sunflower seeds, and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the nuts and sunflower seeds.
- Serve with chips, crackers or good hard vegetables.
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ GREAT DIP, GREAT DIP! This is one of the very few dips I've ever made that was ABSOLUTELY GONE before the evening was half over! I'm just glad I got my licks in before serving it [Well, actually, I didn't lick it, but I did have a spoonful]! It's also great as a filling in a rib of celery, by the way, as well as with jicama! Thanks for this great recipe!
Outstanding recipe...made for my Christmas Dinner Party & was a huge hit! Wish I had more occasions to make it. Very addicting.