Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Holly Clegg's Trim and Terrific Cookbook. Filling and tasty casserole that can be froze ahead of time. OAMC recipe. Recipe says that cooked shrimp can be substituted and wild rice can be used instead of regular rice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 lbs crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 10 3⁄4 ounces 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- white pepper, dash of
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 2 or 3 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, and saute the onion and pepper until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the crawfish tails and cream cheese, cooking until the cream cheese is creamy.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and cheese spread, cooked rice, green onions, garlic, cayenne pepper, and white pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until well heated. Serve.