1/1 Photo of Cranberry Trifle
Cranberry Trifle is a show-stopping, yummy dessert that's perfect for the holidays! And, so easy. Recipe is adapted from Dec. 2008 edition of Everyday Food. Note: Use a 3 quart trifle/serving dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces cranberries (two bags, fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh orange zest
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 24 ounces poundcake, cut into 3/4-inch thick slices (two loaves all-butter pound cake)
- additional grated fresh orange zest, to garnish (optional)
- 1Make compote:.
- 2In a medium saucepan cook the cranberries, 2 cups of sugar, 2 cups of water, ginger, and orange zest for about 5-8 minutes over medium-high heat, until some of the berries just begin to burst. Let compote cool completely.
- 3Make Cream Filling:.
- 4Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and vanilla on high until well combined. With mixer on medium, gradually add heavy cream; continue beating until soft peaks form.
- 5Arrange 1/3 of cake in a 3 quart trifle dish. Spoon 1/3 of compote over cake; spread to sides of dish. Dollop 1/3 of cream filling over compote; spread to sides of dish. Repeat twice more, ending with cream filling. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours (or up to 1 day). Garnish with freshly grated orange zest (or candied orange zest), if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.3
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 241.7 mg
- Sodium 368.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 54.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: