Recipe by LonghornMama
The name is a bit misleading...there's no tea here... but this hot drink is a nice change of pace especially around the holidays. I always buy extra cranberries when available and throw them in the freezer.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This was good. You obviously have to like cranberries to like this. I think this recipe is very much based on personal preference of taste. I used frozen cranberries & white sugar and left in the cinnamon sticks which imparted more flavor. Made for I Recommend Tag Game - February 2010!
- 1 lb fresh cranberries or 1 lb frozen cranberries
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil cranberries with 2 qts water until berries pop.
- Let set 5 minutes.
- Discard solids and return juice to stove.
- Add 2 cups water, cinnamon sticks and sugar.
- Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute.
- Add lemon and orange juices.
- Heat and serve.
- Store in refrigerator.