Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The name is a bit misleading...there's no tea here... but this hot drink is a nice change of pace especially around the holidays. I always buy extra cranberries when available and throw them in the freezer.
- 1 lb fresh cranberries or 1 lb frozen cranberries
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- Boil cranberries with 2 qts water until berries pop.
- Let set 5 minutes.
- Discard solids and return juice to stove.
- Add 2 cups water, cinnamon sticks and sugar.
- Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute.
- Add lemon and orange juices.
- Heat and serve.
- Store in refrigerator.
This was good. You obviously have to like cranberries to like this. I think this recipe is very much based on personal preference of taste. I used frozen cranberries & white sugar and left in the cinnamon sticks which imparted more flavor. Made for I Recommend Tag Game - February 2010!
This was good recipe. I enjoyed it but my DH and kids did not (just their own personal tastes and nothing to do with the recipe). It was not overly tart as I thought it might be. Made for Cupids Bevy Tag Feb 2008.
This was excellent. Great combination of flavors. I made half the recipe for the two of us and we really enjoyed it on this really cool morning. I'll be sure and make this around the holidays. Simple to make. Thanks.