Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
These squares are tart yet sweet. Great for pot-luck or holiday.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup crushed pineapple, drained (reserve 1/4 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower temperature and simmer until thick. (about 1/2 hour).
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients.
- Spread 1/2 of mixture in a greased 9"x13" pan.
- Press firmly.
- Top with cranberry mixture. Then with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- cool and cut into squares.