Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
An excellent way to use up that last cup of leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup chopped almonds on the bottom of a greased 9" springform pan or 10" tube pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining almonds with the rest of the topping ingredients until crumbly; set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping the bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes.).
- Add the eggs; continue beating, scraping often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes.).
- Continue beating, adding the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt alternately with the sour cream, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes.).
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan; spread to cover the bottom.
- Spread the cranberry sauce over the batter; spread to the edges.
- Spread the remaining batter over the cranberry sauce to cover.
- Sprinkle the topping over the batter.
- Bake for 70 to 85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove the sides of the pan.