Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of the easiest scone recipes you'll ever make! I've made them as gifts for teachers by combining the dry ingredients in a holiday bag, top with dried cranberries and attach the rest of the directions. Quick, easy, and yummy!
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Stir in cranberries.
- Add whipping cream, stirring just until soft dough forms. If dough is too wet, add extra flour, one tablespoon at a time.
- On a floured surface, gently knead dough five or six times.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and pat into 8-inch circle. Score into eight wedges, gently separating. Sprinkle top with sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Delicious, but a little less dense and dry than other scones (which many people will probably like). I used blueberries and lemon zest as I don't like cranberries and used the yogurt option using Greek yogurt. I am very pleased with the recipe anc will try it with different flavor additions.
Yummy! This is a great recipe. I followed the directions as written and wouldn't change a thing. So easy to make and they taste terrific. I'll be making these again. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC 2011.
So easy and good! I added a bit of nutmeg and vanilla to the batter. Will make these over and over again!