Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe originally came from the Vancouver Sun Test Kitchen. I've been making it for years now. It's quick, easy & has a touch of Orange & port.
- 5 cups fresh cranberries or 5 cups frozen cranberries
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 inches cinnamon sticks, halved
- 1⁄4 cup port wine
- In large saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, water, vinegar, orange zest and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until berries pop, stirring frequently.
- Stir in port& cook for 2 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon stick.