1/1 Photo of Cranberry Sauce
Joanne Bryant's Note:
I had this marvelous cranberry sauce about 5 years ago at a friends house. Since I have Diabetes, I substituted Splenda for an equal amount of sugar...you could switch back if you like. I love this recipe and make it every year at Thanksgiving. It's best if you make it several days ahead to allow the flavors to blend. It's a step above the "norm".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups fresh cranberries, picked over & rinsed
- 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute or 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled & cut in 3 pieces (if you don't have fresh ginger, add 1/2 tsp ground ginger with other spices)
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1Mix together in large pot, cranberries, sugar (or Splenda), water& juice, salt, ginger pieces (not ground) and orange zest.
- 2Bring to boil and cook about 10 minutes or until all berries have burst.
- 3Remove from heat and allow to cool 1/2 hour.
- 4Remove ginger pieces and add cinnamon, ground cloves and all spice.
- 5Blend thoroughly and allow to cool completely.
- 6Put in covered bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (697 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 198.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 38.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of