Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Before making cranberry sauce for my turkey, I always remove 1 1/2 cups from the bag of cranberries so I can make this loaf. You can also substitute cranberries for the raisins for an all cranberry loaf. Keep an eye on the oven after the first hour of baking. Enjoy!!
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups light raisins (sultanas)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cranberries
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt& baking soda into large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg, orange peel& juice all at once.
- Stir just until mixture is evenly moist.
- Fold in raisins& cranberries.
- Spoon into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour& 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
I like everything about making this loaf, including the ease of preparation, the combo of orange, cranberries AND raisins (I love all 3 o them!), & I did use a very rounded measure of the zest! A definite make-again loaf for the upcoming holidays! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Raisin theme in My-3-Chefs]