Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This pot roast is made with fresh cranberries. Freezable
- 4 -5 lbs boneless chuck roast, wipe dry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 beef bouillon
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in Dutch oven until hot.
- Brown meat on all sides over medium heat.
- Pour off all pan drippings.
- Return roast to pan.
- Add onions, cranberries and beef broth.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 2 1/2 hours, turning once or twice.
- Remove meat to a platter. Skim excess fat from pan juices.
- Pour juices into electric blender and puree.
- Season gravy to taste with sugar, bouilon, salt and pepper.
- Slice meat and put back in pan with sauce.
- Simmer 1/2 hour more.
Great comfort food! Easy to prepare. Thanks!