Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
So simple yet so tasty..The gravy is delicious over mashed potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 lbs rolled boneless pork loin roast
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place pork roast in a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, mash cranberry sauce; stir in sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves.
- Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and keep warm.
- Skim fat from juices; measure 2 cups, adding water if necessary, and pour into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water to make a paste; stir into gravy.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Season with salt.
- Serve with sliced pork.
I had a pork roast in the freezer and was looking for a Zaar recipe that I could try, anything using the crockpot is always appreciated. The sauce with the added cloves gave a nice flavour, and I did serve it with mashed potatoes. Thanks for posting.
Excellent!! So easy, and delicious - an impressive dinner. I browned my pork loin before placing in crockpot; cooked tender in about six hours on low. I used 1 tbsp. cornstarch/1 tbsp. water. Served the sauce over the sliced pork, accompanied with green beans and cornbread stuffing. A keeper! PS -> This sauce would be great over leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
Easy to make but very uninteresting flavor. Two tablespoons of cornstarch makes paste, not gravy.