Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
These Scones are so tasty with the combo of chewy dried cranberries and tart fresh cranberries it's like a match made in heaven. Top them with the sweet orange glaze and a smattering of orange butter...Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup cranberries, chopped if desired
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup milk or 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1In a bowl, combine flour,7 teaspoons sugar, orange peel, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- 2Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, combine dried and fresh cranberries, orange juice, cream and egg.
- 4Add to flour mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
- 5On a floured surface, gently knead 6-8 times.
- 6Pat dough into an 8" circle.
- 7Cut into 10 wedges.
- 8Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 9Brush with the 1 tablespoon of milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 10Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11Combine glaze ingredients if desired; drizzle over scones.
- 12Combine orange butter ingredients; serve with warm scones.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Orange Scones
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.4
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 340.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g