Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These Scones are so tasty with the combo of chewy dried cranberries and tart fresh cranberries it's like a match made in heaven. Top them with the sweet orange glaze and a smattering of orange butter...Yum!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries, chopped if desired
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange juice
- In a bowl, combine flour,7 teaspoons sugar, orange peel, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine dried and fresh cranberries, orange juice, cream and egg.
- Add to flour mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
- On a floured surface, gently knead 6-8 times.
- Pat dough into an 8" circle.
- Cut into 10 wedges.
- Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush with the 1 tablespoon of milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine glaze ingredients if desired; drizzle over scones.
- Combine orange butter ingredients; serve with warm scones.