Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love cranberries and orange together and this recipe is delicious!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup craisins dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425°. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Work butter or margarine into dry ingredients until butter is the size of small peas using a pastry blender or fork.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing just until dry ingredients are moist.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and gather into a ball. Pat into a circle 3/4-inch thick; cut into 8 wedges.
- Place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar ~ the amount is up to you.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Loved the combo of cranberry & orange in these scones, but then I pretty much love that combo in almost anything, so maybe I'm not the best one to judge! Still, these are great tasting scones & the recipe a nice keeper! Thanks for sharing it with us! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]