Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Rich and cake-like. I make this every Christmas and give away to friends and family. It freezes well, so you can make it in advance. The orange spread can be put into a small container and be kept in the refrigerator. I chop my cranberries in the blender - just pulse it a few times and they will be lightly chopped.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and soda.
- Mix together the juice and melted butter. Combine with the dry mixture. Stir until just moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and zest.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or a Bundt Pan. Bake 350 Degrees F. for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes, remove from pan.
- For the Creamy Orange Spread:.
- Combine the orange marmalade and the cream cheese (store in the refrigerator).
- Serve warm slices of the bread with dollops of the creamy spread.