Recipe by Jb Tyler, TX
Rich and cake-like. I make this every Christmas and give away to friends and family. It freezes well, so you can make it in advance. The orange spread can be put into a small container and be kept in the refrigerator. I chop my cranberries in the blender - just pulse it a few times and they will be lightly chopped.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries, chopped
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and soda.
- Mix together the juice and melted butter. Combine with the dry mixture. Stir until just moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and zest.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or a Bundt Pan. Bake 350 Degrees F. for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes, remove from pan.
- For the Creamy Orange Spread:.
- Combine the orange marmalade and the cream cheese (store in the refrigerator).
- Serve warm slices of the bread with dollops of the creamy spread.