Super Easy Orange Cranberry Bran Muffins
photo by Chris from Kansas
- Ready In:
- (Krusteaz mixes are on the cake mix aisle, the 15 oz is approx, I do not have a box on hand and just guessed for the recipe).
- Soak the All Bran Cereal in the water for 5 minutes.
- Spray muffin tins with Pam.
- Add the baking powder and the muffin mix to the cereal and mix well.
- Batter will be thick.
- Drain the can of cranberries and add the berries to the mix.
- Drop into muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- (Use ONLY the FAT FREE Krusteaz mixes with this recipe- for some reason the regular mixes dont taste as well- they have the orange cranberry, Apple Cinnamon and Blueberry- the blueberry is just as good as the orange cranberry, I have not tried apple cinnam).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love these muffins! You get a big treat for just 1 point! The bran tast isn't too strong either. I added some crasins to mine for a bit of change. Also tried with apple, which isn't quite as good, but still good. One thing you must be aware of is that they will become very moist if put in a air-tight container.
These are absolutely wonderful, so healthy, and so easy to boot! What more can you ask for? It took me awhile to find the muffin mix, but I finally came across it at Kroger. When I put all the ingredients into my calorie-counting software program, it came up with the following for 24 servings (which is what I got): Calories: 90, Fat: .3, Carbs: 24, Fiber: 4.4! I can eat two of these for breakfast or a snack and not be hungry for hours! Thank you for a new staple for this house!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, My name is Renee. I am very happily married and have 3 grown married daughters and 6 absolutely precious grand-babies!! ?I LOVE to cook BUT I work outside the home full-time, My husband is self employed so I do his bookkeeping and I own a tie dye business so ANY free time I have at all is usually spent with the grand kids or doing some tie dye!!