Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A tasty, satisfying muffin that is a diabetic-friendly treat. I am addicted to breads/muffins, scones, etc. (you get the picture!) and find this one totally satisfying and within the limits of diabetic options.
- 177.44 ml Splenda granular
- 236.59 ml coarsley cut cranberries
- 236.59 ml white flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 beaten egg
- 177.44 ml orange juice
- 44.37 ml oil
- 4.92 ml grated orange peel
- Combine cranberries and sugar while sifting dry ingredients together -- then add and stir into dry ingredients.
- Combine egg, juice and oil and grated peel and add to dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Pour batter into 12 muffin cups, lightly sprayed or into paper muffin liners (or a loaf pan).
- Bake muffins at 375 degs for 25".
- Bake loaf at 350 degs for 50".
Delicious! One of the best Cranberry muffins I have made. I subbed pecans for the walnuts, and used 2 teaspoons of grated orange peel (because you can never get enough orange flavor :) ). Thanks for posting this winner!
I throroughly enjoyed these - the orange juice really gives it a real vibrant flavour. I didn't use the orange peel as I didn't have any, and I used this new low GI sugar they have out here in Australia call Logicane. But it worked and was a treat. Thanks!