A tasty, satisfying muffin that is a diabetic-friendly treat. I am addicted to breads/muffins, scones, etc. (you get the picture!) and find this one totally satisfying and within the limits of diabetic options.
- Combine cranberries and sugar while sifting dry ingredients together -- then add and stir into dry ingredients.
- Combine egg, juice and oil and grated peel and add to dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Pour batter into 12 muffin cups, lightly sprayed or into paper muffin liners (or a loaf pan).
- Bake muffins at 375 degs for 25".
- Bake loaf at 350 degs for 50".
Delicious! One of the best Cranberry muffins I have made. I subbed pecans for the walnuts, and used 2 teaspoons of grated orange peel (because you can never get enough orange flavor :) ). Thanks for posting this winner!
I throroughly enjoyed these - the orange juice really gives it a real vibrant flavour. I didn't use the orange peel as I didn't have any, and I used this new low GI sugar they have out here in Australia call Logicane. But it worked and was a treat. Thanks!