Tiramisu Bites (Diabetic Friendly)
photo by flower7
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 12 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup brewed coffee, cold
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fat-free cool whip
- 30 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells (Athens Brand)
- Combine cream cheese, Splenda, coffee and vanilla in medium bowl and mix until smooth. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Using a spoon or a pastry bag, fill tart shells.
- NOTE: Zaar doesn't recognize several of the ingredients, so Zaar nutritional info is wrong. Real info is: Calories-9.9, Total fat-0.7g, Saturated Fat-0.5g, Total carbs-0.7g, Sugars-0.6g, Sodium-5.2mg.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love tiramisu so just had to try this. Since I'm not a coffee drinker, I keep instant coffee around for recipes like this. I cut this in half and used 1/8 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 2 Tbsp hot water, which was just enough coffee flavor for me. The only change I made was using regular superfine sugar in place of the Splenda. I also added a sprinkle of cocoa on top to dress them up. Thanks very much for the recipe mikekey!
WOW mikekey ~ these are delicious little bites :) and so fast and easy to make. I made a half-recipe using 15 phyllo tart shells, so I have quite a bit of the filling left to experiment with. Very tasty and I love the fact that they are diabetic friendly. These would be great for a buffet dessert. Thanks for the great idea ~ made for PRMR August 2009!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.