Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fun holiday cookie-orange you glad you checked out this recipe!
Make and share this Cranberry Orange Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl cream butter, brown sugar, egg, peel, baking powder and allspice.
- Blend in flour and stir in oats and cranberry sauce.
- Drop batter from a teaspoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool on racks and drizzle glaze over cookies.
- Whip together glaze ingredients and drizzle from a spoon.
So easy to make! They were the first cookie gone off my rather large cookie tray this Christmas.
I AM glad I tried this recipe! It was a creative use of the can of cranberry sauce I had left over from Thanksgiving. I made one batch without icing but I think it is better with. One word of advice: When adding the cranberry, make sure to only add 1 CUP and not one CAN, as I did at first. Also, these were better with mini chocolate chips mixed in (I made them w/o icing when I added the choc. chips). Thanks, DiB!