- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl cream butter, brown sugar, egg, peel, baking powder and allspice.
- Blend in flour and stir in oats and cranberry sauce.
- Drop batter from a teaspoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool on racks and drizzle glaze over cookies.
- Whip together glaze ingredients and drizzle from a spoon.