Cranberry Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by Chef Petunia
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light in color. Beat in egg and orange zest. Add flour mixture a little at a time with mixer on low speed, stirring until just combine. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 9-12 minutes in preheated oven or until the edges of the cookies are just slightly golden. Cool for 3-4 minutes on pan, then transfer to a baking rack and cool completely.
- Note: Dark chocolate chips may be used in this recipe. Adding coconut is an option as is adding nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My husband said the actual rating would be about a 4.5. I made them as listed with 1/4 cup pecans and I used Ghiradelli double chocolate chips (which are very large). I put my dried cranberries and choc. chips through the salad shooter prior to putting in the recipe. They were a very "seasonal" chocolate chip cookie without being too chocolate-y. I would definitely add more dried cranberries...maybe 3/4 to 1 cup total because I wanted a touch more "bite" in it. These will be coming to my cookie exchange. :)<br/>Update: Once these set, the next day mine have the consistency of a snowball type cookie. The orange is much more pronounced. I like them even more (but I LOVE orange and chocolate together). A great recipe! Thank you so much for posting!