1/1 Photo of Cranberry-Orange Bundt Cake
1 hr 20 mins
I modified an existing recipe for my brother-in-law, who is allergic to eggs, and it quickly became a family favorite. This cake turns out moist with a hint of orange flavor and a burst of tart cranberry. This is one of my brother-in-law's favorites. How do I know, you ask? Well, I'd say his taking second helpings and stashing the remainder of the cake to take home are very good indicators. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml water
- 473.18 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml milk
- 14.79 ml orange juice
- 9.85 ml orange zest
- 354.88 ml cranberries, whole (fresh or frozen)
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 44.37 ml orange juice (or as much as required for desired texture)
- 59.14 ml almonds, slivered (optional)
- 236.59 ml cranberries, whole (fresh or thawed) (optional)
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Prepare a 10-cup bundt pan by spraying with cooking oil and lightly dusting with flour.
- 4Cream sugar and butter. Wisk together cornstarch and water and cream into sugar/butter mixture. Stir in milk, orange juice and orange zest.
- 5Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly add into wet mixture, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- 6Fold cranberries into the batter.
- 7Spoon batter evenly into bundt pan, being careful not to brush off too much of the flour dusting.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into cake comes out clean.
- 9Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes and turn out onto a cake pedistal or plate.
- 11Place powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- 12Stir in orange juice one tablespoon at a time until preferred glaze texture is obtained.
- 13Spoon evenly over warm cake.
- 15I sprinkled slivered almonds evenly over the freshly-glazed cake.
- 16I also placed cranberries into the center of the cake and around the base of the cake plate mostly for festive presentation, but found that my family enjoys eating the uncooked cranberries dipped in extra glaze or with bites of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Orange Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.5
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 296.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g