Just put this together yesterday with what I had on hand. It's delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs pork roast, bone-in
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet Hawaiian Luau marinade (+ add-ins)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1/3 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- 3 -5 shakes TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1Pierce roast all over. Place contents of marinade packet and other ingredients listed on packet in a ziploc bag with the roast. Marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the pork roast on all sides in hot oil. Meanwhile, add bouillon granules to water and microwave for 1 minute. Set aside.
- 3Place carrots on bottom of crock. Top with 1/3 of the onion slices; sprinkle with salt. Place roast on top of veggies fat-side up. Sprinkle roast with dried thyme, salt and pepper. Mash half the can of cranberry sauce onto the roast. Top with the second 1/3 of the onion slices; sprinkle on half of the cranberries. Shake on some Chipotle sauce. Pour bouillon around roast. Cover and cook on Low for 5 hours.
- 4Remove cover. Turn roast over; mash the rest of the cranberry sauce onto the roast and top with last of the onion slices and cranberries. Shake on some Chipotle sauce. Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours.
- 5Remove roast and carrots from crock. Turn crock to Warm. Defat drippings and put drippings and rest of contents of crock into a medium saucepan. Return roast and carrots to crock to keep warm. Using a stick blender, liquify chunks in gravy. Stir together cornstarch and water until smooth to make a slurry.
- 6Simmer drippings over medium-high heat. Add slurry stirring constantly. Bring to boil while continuing to stir; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Slice roast and serve with carrots and gravy over rice or mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Onion Pork
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.8
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 208.6 mg
- Sodium 317.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 31.9 g
- Protein 69.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hawaiian Luau marinade
TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce