Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
- Cream butter and sugar 3 minutes.
- Add milk, vanilla and salt.
- Beat to combine.
- Gradually add flour, cranberries and pecans - beat just to combine.
- Form 2 logs 8 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap and chill 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375. Unwrap and roll in coconut, if desired.
- Using a serrated knife slice cookies 1/4' thick.
- Bake 12- 14 minutes on a parchment lined sheet pan or until edges are brown.
These Noels have become a part of my family's Christmas Tradition. We make them every year. They make a nice substitute for the overly sweet cookies that are the norm of the holidays. When making these I use fresh cranberries. They are beautiful when cut in half, and add a little bit of a tang to the cookies. Another substitution that has turned out well for me is to add egg nog instead of milk. I live in a dry climate, so I have to add a little bit extra milk to make the dough hold together. Very good recipe, though. Thanks, Mean Chef!
These are great, I like the fact they arent too sweet. Im going to try them again and add almond essence as noted by another reviewer.
My favorite cookie. If one wants a sweeter cookie put a powered sugar frosting on top. We love the Danish tasting cookie. Like it so much for a little change we put dried cherrys instead and teas. almond ex. instead of vanilla. Just great...