I don't remember where I got this recipe. I think I clipped it out a local newspaper. Great as an appetizer or as an entree
- 2 lbs ground round
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1 (1 lb) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce, i use heinz
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine meat ball ingredients blend well.
- Form meatballs the size of walnuts.
- Arrange in a single layer in baking dish.
- Set aside Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until smooth, stir frequently.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve in a chafing dish, provide toothpicks.
- CROCK POT VERSION: Cook meatballs in 350F oven for 15-20 minutes with out the sauce.
- Place in crock pot, pour on the sauce.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- I serve the meatballs and sauce over cooked egg noodles.