Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe. I think I clipped it out a local newspaper. Great as an appetizer or as an entree
- 2 lbs ground round
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1 (1 lb) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce, i use heinz
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine meat ball ingredients blend well.
- Form meatballs the size of walnuts.
- Arrange in a single layer in baking dish.
- Set aside Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until smooth, stir frequently.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve in a chafing dish, provide toothpicks.
- CROCK POT VERSION: Cook meatballs in 350F oven for 15-20 minutes with out the sauce.
- Place in crock pot, pour on the sauce.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- I serve the meatballs and sauce over cooked egg noodles.
Manda, I had actually made these meatballs several times, but forgot to post my review. Manda, these meatballs were sooo good, but I did prepare them abit differently. First, I halved the recipe, which I did get 21-(1-inch) meatballs, then I baked them in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes. Also, when I added the crushed cornflakes to the meatball mixture, I found that 3 cups of the cornflake cereal, then "crushed" will equal 1 cup of the cereal crumbs needed for this recipe, but since I halved the recipe, I only needed 1-1/2 cups of the cereal, and when "crushed", you will end up with a 1/2 cup of the cereal crumbs. When it came to making the sauce, which I also halved the recipe, I did this before making the meatballs, and used a potato masher to mash the jellied cranberries. I then baked the meatballs, with the cranberry sauce, for 20 minutes in the 350 degree oven. Manda, this recipe certainly deserves more than 5 stars, as these meatballs were sooo good!! Thank you for posting this recipe.
This is the exact same recipe my family makes. We LOVE it! I always look forward to having these during the holidays.
These were good. I added 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder and 1/4 c. barbecue sauce instead of the brown sugar. Thanks for sharing.