Recipe by Lynne the Pirate Queen
Another find from the Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association. Unlike other cranberry cream pies here on 'Zaar, this beautiful and easy recipe requires no baking and showcases fresh (or frozen) cranberries rather than dried berries or canned cranberry sauce. If you use a store-bought graham cracker crust, it's even faster to put together. For an especially pretty presentation, garnish with a little whipped cream. NOTE: Prep time does not include cooling for the sauce; cook time is chilling time for the prepared pie.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 pie crusts, baked (9 inches) or 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water and stir until smooth.
- Add cranberries, and bring to boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook until berries pop, about 5 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into pie shell and spread evenly. Top with cranberry mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.