1 hr 20 mins
I made this for the first time tonight with pork chops and had to share the recipe. It comes from A Taste Of Home magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 lb Italian turkey sausage link, casings removed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large fennel bulb, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 cups french breadcrumbs, soft
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh savory, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of the chicken broth, cornmeal, salt and pepper until smooth.
- 2In a large saucepan, bring remaining broth to a boil. Add cormeal mixture, stirring constantly.
- 3Return to a boil and cook for 3 minutes until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5In a large non-stick skillet, crumble sausage, add onion, fennel, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Drain.
- 6Stir in egg yolk and cornmeal mixture. Add breadcrumbs, cranberries, parsley, vinegar, sage, savory, and nutmeg.
- 7Coat a 1-1/2 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Transfer dressing mixture into dish.
- 8Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Cornmeal Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.2 mg
- Sodium 1132.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: