Recipe by Mooseybear
I made this for the first time tonight with pork chops and had to share the recipe. It comes from A Taste Of Home magazine.
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 lb Italian turkey sausage link, casings removed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large fennel bulb, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 cups french breadcrumbs, soft
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh savory, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of the chicken broth, cornmeal, salt and pepper until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, bring remaining broth to a boil. Add cormeal mixture, stirring constantly.
- Return to a boil and cook for 3 minutes until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large non-stick skillet, crumble sausage, add onion, fennel, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in egg yolk and cornmeal mixture. Add breadcrumbs, cranberries, parsley, vinegar, sage, savory, and nutmeg.
- Coat a 1-1/2 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Transfer dressing mixture into dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until heated through.