Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Good stuff. I like it without the cheese, but this is Wisconsin and I think it's actually against the law to not have a minimum of 3 cheese dishes at a party table.
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temp
- Combine cranberries, sugar, onion, horseradish, and salt in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly and bring to a boil.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Place cream cheese on a platter. Spoon cranberry mixture over the top.
- Serve with crackers. May be made up to 3 days ahead.
Super easy and very yummy! Made for Thanksgiving tomorrow & I have already sampled it! I also used green onion instead of minced and the extra hot horseradish. Thanks for a great recipe!
I have made this twice now and the first time I thought it had WAY too much horseradish. I wasn't sure what kind of horseradish to get so I got the fresh kind in the jar, and apparently it has a very strong taste! The second time I made it, I used less than one tablespoon (maybe closer to one teaspoon) and it turned out much better. The sauce is more than enough for one block of cheese too, I ended up thowing out what I didn't use. Thanks for the recipe, can't wait until my family tries it this weekend for my early Christmas dinner!
I had this on my Christmas Eve appetizer buffet--very pretty, very easy, very convenient (make ahead), and very good--can't ask for more than that!